Thursday, July 2, 2009

Before I Forget ...


I have tons of stuff to blog about - birthdays, anniversaries, Father's Day, but I just had to jot down a couple of cute things Eli has said the past few days before they totally get lost somewhere deep in my "mommy brain", nowhere to be found.

-Yesterday, as I was buckling Eli in his carseat after a fulfilling dinner at Double Dave's (one of Eli's favorite places to eat), he was working really hard to make Sam laugh and was totally succeeding. Hearing their laughter is so precious. Anyway, as we get down the road a bit and they start to settle down, Eli says, "Mommy, you know what Sam and I want to be when we grow up? Twins!" I thought it was too cute and a little glimmer of the lifelong friendship they are developing.

-A few days ago, I took Sam's mattress out of the crib to change the sheets. In order to make it softer to sleep on, we cut a twin size egg crate pad to fit the crib mattress under the mattress protector. So, when Eli sees the egg crate, he says, "Cool! An egg garden! Mommy, can we plant some eggs in the ground and have an egg garden?" I'm assuming he meant "egg carton" and I guess he forgot that eggs come from chickens. Funny kid.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend!

No comments: