That's right folks (or at least all of you Catholic folks out there), it is officially the season of Lent. And this year, I decided to announce to the blogging world what I'm giving up, hoping that doing so will make me more accountable. I've had problems following through with my Lenten sacrifices in the past (a sarcastic "Nooo!" is playing in my head), but this year is going to be different. I figure it's the least I could do to show appreciation for all that Christ has done in my life, and the life He sacrificed for me. So - drum roll, please - SWEETS! Yes, I said it. I'm giving up sweets for Lent this year. I anticipate a pretty hard road considering my husband has a sweet tooth the size of Texas. So, if you see me eyeing that plate of brownies, sneaking up behind a delicious cake, or sliding cookies into my purse, stop me! I'll need all the help I can get.
I also plan to
DO things this Lent, not just
not do them. I'm in the process of looking for volunteer opportunities for the family. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know.
The irony of all of this is that our Girl Scout cookies came in yesterday. Doh!

No comments:
Post a Comment